Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Humboldt Fog. . .makes me Smile

Cheese. . .or shall I say Cheeeeese. . .either way it makes me smile. It has been about 3 years since I first tasted one of the most memorable bites of cheese in my life. Produced in Northern California, practically every specialty cheese store and restaurant in San Francisco carries the products from Cypress Grove, and from my research it seems that most have an affinity for the Fog, for many reasons. This luscious and creamy goat cheese has a light, airy and rich flavor with hints of the earth and a texture that simply melts in your mouth. The center layer of ash is edible and the cheese tends to have a stronger flavor towards its rind, which is also edible. It's creamy consistency makes it easy to spread on your favorite cracker or bread and plays well with many fruits, especially apples or grapes.
In my house, it goes great with any great bottle of chardonnay and has also been a hit stuffed inside a large green olive and placed in a Martini, a play on the blue cheese stuffed olive. I highly recommend Humboldt Fog as an addition to any cheese plate, for it will certainly win praise and perhaps a "Too die for" stamp of approval.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loves me Humboldt Fog cheese. The link is broken and s/b: http://www.cypressgrovechevre.com/index.html

This is a great site and I will return!!